Final Score

Thursday, 16 August 2007

Mystery stomach bug - 2
Kale - 0

Yup, definitely kicked my butt. Lasted almost exactly two days. Doesn't appear it took anyone else in the house out. *crosses fingers* It was not food poisoning, it was most likely the flu.

Lessons learned:

Breastfeed/pumping dehydrated = Not fun. I think this is why some women think breastfeeding hurts. They need to drink more water. Think about it, the kid is taking in 20-30 ounces of fluid from you. That's an extra liter of water, or more, you need to take in.

Mixing juice with water is not as bad as you think. I thought it would taste gross. Not so much, pretty decent.

Thinking you're better after a day and that you'll prove it by eating Taco Bell is a tremendously bad idea.

It is better to violently puke from a stomach bug than from drinking too much.

Angel food cake is good, no matter what state you are in.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Uffda! Here's hoping everybody else stays healthy!

Yeah, Taco Bell? Well, you probably weren't thinking clearly due to the dehydration and all... *grin*

Hope you continue to feel better!

Allknowingjen said...

Ha ha! ummm- no, that is not why breastfeeding hurts. Nice guess though.
Be sure to keep hydrating even when you think you feel all better. Hope no one else gets it!

Happy Veggie said...

I said "some". But I also think most people don't drink enough water.