Thursday, 7 February 2008
Enough of the politics bullshit, lets get back to the kid stuff.
The Sprout is, I can safely say, other than a stuffy nose (welcome to the family), recovered. (oh yeah, there is that iron problem, but more on that later) She's eating good, sleeping good, and well, movin'.
I used to be able to set her down and maybe she would lean over to get a toy. If we were in her room, she'd scoot around and go for stuff but its only like a three foot square area. This morning, I sat her down at daycare while I put her bottles away, and she scooted off to play with something next to the mat. On her sheets at daycare, they say she scooted from the mat, to the door. Thats like 5 feet! Thats the open space in most of our rooms! Time to go get better gates.
In addition to the scooting, we're having an adventure with the iron suplements. Being a um... very regular person, I'm not used to having to deal with what to do if you're not so regular. So, we started feeding her prunes (pureed with other stuff). Apparently, she doesn't need them every day, in addition to the rest of her strictly fruit diet, because we had the opposite problem yesterday. Since we're on the fruit and iron diet (Vit. C helps with absorption) for the next month, we're going to have to figure out how to keep her... consistant, but not too consistant.

5 comments:
Yay for feeling better and for scooting! Is she scooting on her bum or on her tummy? Either way, I bet it's adorable.
Scooting is awesome! Kitten dragged her legs behind her like dead weight for weeks.
Glad she's feeling better, hope you are too.
Cheese? :-)
Yay for scooting!
I give Mira pureed prunes every second or third day. Only about 4 oz, because any more will cause some explosive poop.
I know Sprout's had more food issues, but Penguin LOVES her cheese. Just gave her some maybe a week ago for the first time and she adores it. Pop a little shredded cheddar on her high chair tray and I actually get to eat my own meal!
And yay for scooting! Penguin WAS scooting on her butt, but now?! CRAWLING!
Post a Comment