Tuesday, 19 February 2008
Yeah, good thing the house is small, because I'm pretty sure we couldn't baby proof it if we tried. Every room has some climable, toppleable thing in it. Even her room is full of hazards, from her changing table to the glider.
To really drive it home, she has become bored with simply sitting on the couch and playing with toys while we work/watch TV/read. I've had to take my book/knitting into her room and sit in/guard the glider while she tried to find every spec of lint on the floor. (good to start cleaning habbits early)
The dog is taking it as well as can be expected. Now that she is crawling with her belly off the floor (at least 60% of the time and oh yeah, and pulling up on everything), the dog isn't sure if she should play, or run for her life. Sprout almost tried to chase the dog, and I think if she hadn't just been outside, she would have shit her pants. (the dog, Sprout does that all the time) It was a priceless canine expression of sheer terror.
If you want to see my terror, see the Flickr pictures...

1 comments:
Babyproofing is a process, in fact, I just ordered some things today for the closet and entry doors for the girls' bedrooms.
We go for one area, fix the stuff that can kill them, and tell them no for the rest (trash, speakers). I figured out this is how they learn to obey you when you scream at them to stay out of the street or not touch things at other people's houses.
Post a Comment