Friday, 1 February 2008
Today's follow up apt. was not the "yay its all better" I was hoping for. Instead we got more weight loss (very close to where she was at her 6 mo), even lower hemoglobin, and a follow up again in month.
She's going to go on iron drops, which should back her up to last week. And we really need to try to get her weight up. The weight thing I am hoping is the result of dismal eating over the weekend and missed feeding on Monday. She eats as often and as much as she wants, and has been slowly working back up to pre-sick levels, but still hasn't really been there. It seriously doesn't help that she is now very distractable while eating. (ooo, look, daddy, I like him, I can say his name)
In any case, its just more stress I don't need on top of work stress. I'm having doubts about being a working mom I didn't expect and I can't afford. This post is going nowhere good, I'm stopping now.

2 comments:
Don't get too discouraged - you've had a tough month, but it'll get better. She'll be okay, she's getting her appetite back, she'll gain weight. They let it go for a month, so she's not on the brink yet.
It's hard, but try to keep work separate from home worries. Worry about work when you're there, worry about home at home.
I think Syl's on to something about the segregated worrying. Also, DON'T THINK ABOUT WORRIES AS YOU TRY TO FALL ASLEEP! Think only happy things or put a positive spin on stuff then or you'll wreck yourself.
(Mine had her 9 month... 3 inches shorter than Sprout... but the same weight... *pudgy face!*)
Post a Comment