Privacy questions

Friday, 30 May 2008

Ok, so thus far I've been really having fun with having y'all as my blog readers. It's a really good way to keep up with all that is going on in our busy lives. Honestly, I wouldn't know half of what y'all got going on if we didn't all have blogs.

That being said, there is a serious part of me that wants to be Dooce when I grow up. I mean, really, her husband works for her. How cool is that? I don't really want the fired part, but the making money writing, taking pictures, being snarky would be fun. I haven't really pursued it, thinking that the best thing would be to just see what happens. I've done a few things to make myself more out there (leaving a link to my blog on a dooce comment was one), but I haven't actively sought it out.

However, I know a mommy blogger who does reviews. Yesterday, she referred me (with her permission) to a site that was looking for a mom in the TC. I've been contacted, have to write some sample entries, and will take the job if offered. After all, dressing the Sprout ain't cheap, little weed that she is.

So, here is the question I need your help with, since it involves all of you. I can link back to my own blog, and since this one has history, I will be linking back here. However, I want to respect everyone and I will remove the links to your blogs if you want. I will leave them as well if you want me to. I'm going to be taking off the links to Flickr, and I may create another profile to isolate myself from my "real" life.

We all use pseudonyms on our sites, but I'm leaving this up to you. Nothing is official yet, I still have to audition, but since if I get the job it will move fast, I want to know where everyone stands on this.

As a side note, if I do get this, I may need guest bloggers if I ever want a break, or people to do stuff with. Let me know if you're interested in that as well.

5 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Ooh! Sounds exciting! And a bit o' cash to do something you enjoy = bonus!

I'm fine with you leaving my link up and would be interested in guest blogging or doing stuff as well, if desired. They don't need someone out in my area, do they? ;)

Best of luck with your sample entries! You go, girl!

Allknowingjen said...

If this is something that you do, and you link back here, yes, I want my links removed (both in the bar and any in older posts). Also, any pics of Attila (or us) on Flickr. I never leave trackback comments and often comment anon. I have no interest in going past my little corner of the internet.
If you do get the gig, I would love to read it though.

Pusher said...

Either way. I'm not real concerned about the privacy thing, so you're welcome to leave my link up, but I'm also not actively seeking traffic, so you could pull it down too.

Obviously not a guest blogger candidate, since I'm not so much with the whole "mom" thing.

The Sexy Blonde said...

I'd like my blog link removed, please. I pretty much feel the same way AKJ does. Best of luck with this!!

Christina said...

Well, I'm sure you have an idea on how I feel. Privacy? What's that? Then again, look at who I'm married to...

Actually, while my privacy has slowly been chipped away over the years, I still have a few measures in place to help protect my family.

Good luck!