Monday, 30 July 2007
After running out of patience at the umteenth over sized SUV that was half assed parked and dinged my door, I may or may not have accidentally dragged my key along the side of it. Only after my door wouldn't retaliate scratch their door, it just hit the freaking running board. My poor car has taken some serious abuse by people who should have to take a parking test before buying a large car. We won't even go in the Jimmy that parks in the compact car spot on a regular basis. Seriously, it was mostly an accident, less than a centimeter long, and nothing compared to the FOUR INCH scratch and dent on my passenger door. (the attempt at a retaliation door opening however, was not remotely accidental)
My darling child, and my blog, should be renamed to Veggie and freakishly mutant weed spawn. I went shopping for her this weekend and bought her, kid you not, 12-18 month stuff. Its a little big, but only a little. She has also worn a pair of 18-24 month pants. I believe they were meant to be capri's, but again, their oversizedness is only minor. Because of her ability to outgrow things before she has worn them twice, I am now buying everything large, and letting her swim in it. If for no other reason than to attempt to get my money's worth.
As an aside to that one, just how big do they make diapers? We're about to be in size fours. They may say 22-28 pounds, but based on the number of blowouts, we need the length to cover her long ass and contain her explosive poop. I saw some other kids at the store with size fours in their carts. They were actually sitting in the cart, because the can sit unassisted. They're practically toddlers.
Which brings me to my next point. Maybe its good her hair isn't growing in because it still makes her look young. Based on her size, I'm already getting odd expectations about what she can do before people know her age. Based on some stuff I've seen on blogs and message boards, that's a big issue with big kids. Expecting a large two year old not to act like a two year old.
The weed's cold has not cleared up. She's still stuffed up. Bad enough we did a return Doctor visit just to make sure that it was still isolated in her nose. We have now taken to spraying her nose with saline, and trying bulb syringe some of it out so she eats better. If she could talk, she'd tell you that we're trying to suck out her brain. I tell you, its not so. Really. Honestly. We're not.
I'd like to get more frustrated when I try to feed the weed and she instead coo's and laughs at me, but I can't. She's just too darn cute. She's incredibly vocal. I fear I may get mine when she starts talking, there may be not stopping her. Not to mention the habit of laughing at me... 
You can't see it, but yes, that is an 18 Charisma.
Next week I turn an age that pretty much every person reading this has already gone through. I realize I will get no sympathy at all. However, I ask this... Anyone want to go out for Sushi? Like Sushi Happy Hour at Sushi Tango? I was going to be all big and cool and have a party, however, I don't have the energy to clean. So... Bloody Mary's and cheap caterpillar rolls anyone?

5 comments:
THAT is a kick-*ss onesie!
Diapers? Well, I've seen size 6... but Pumpkin's in size 5. (Potty training in one day coming soon!)
Baby clothes? Oh, seek ye out the garage sales & consignment shops & ARC of Hennepin County and other places of cheapness and reuse. For lo, it is much cheaper. (And, while some of the stuff is crap, you can often find really nice stuff, some even still with tags attached 'cuz the kid outgrew it before wearing it or it was the wrong season or whatever.)
We find the age thing comes up more when people think Pumpkin is older due to her long hair and exceptional vocabulary. But still, I know what you mean.
Yeah, we've done the garage sale thing already. I've managed to do pretty awesome with the outlet mall as well. No matter what, I didn't plan on getting new sizes every month and half.
Meimei's still only in size 3, so 4 is big. But kids are all kinds of different shapes and everything is made for "average size", whatever that means. If her butt's longer, it just is.
Dude - I must have that shirt/onesie!!!
Actually, Dude was where the idea came from. He got one for their spawn. We got ours from Cafe Press. It also comes in Level 2 Human. She didn't need it that day, but she has a +1 bib. Its 6-12 mo size. When your adoption takes place, I'll ship one off to wherever you happen to be.
Post a Comment