24 Hours

Sunday, 22 July 2007

Last time a HP book arrived at my door, for some odd reason, it took me two years to finish it. This time, I was determined not to make the same mistake. 24 hours. And yes, I slept. ajd and I hung out in our porch and read, I snuggled the Sprout and read, I even fed the Sprout and read. Was it worth it? Yes. I honestly can say I didn't expect what I read. Only let down? Thats its all over. Lately I haven't been much of a reader. Nothing has inspired me to read, nothing has been good enough, fast enough. Robert Jordan's nice and all, but seriously, get to the point. This was the only reading I really looked forward to, and now its done. The good news is that soon, I won't notice so much. The Sprout sits and watches while you read her books. I know she's only getting the fun of listening to me out of it right now, but soon, she'll want more. Soon, she'll be ready for us to read chapter books to her. I can't wait for that.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

I got so much reading done while nursing Pumpkin! It was one compensation for the sleep deprivation.

Have you tried any of Robin Hobb's books? Way better than Jordan IHMO. She's got 3 trilogies that are related, so if you want those, start with _Assassin's Apprentice._ I inhaled those. Sheri S. Tepper writes an interesting fantasy book, if hers are _rather_ heavy handed in regards to environment and women power. What else have I read lately? Charles de Lint writes some nice urban fantasy, but also has some much darker stuff written as Samuel M. Key - ask our guy teacher friend about his work 'cuz he reads it, too.

Anyho, there's some titles/authors to look up on the library webpage!

Ms. Huis Herself said...

P.S. Tad Williams - also very good. I loved his Otherland series, but he's got a couple of stand-alones, too.

Syl said...

start pulling some books from the library - you can go online and request them and they will tell you when they are ready for pickup.