Irked.

Wednesday, 6 June 2007

My bad luck with nurses who don't listen continues. A good nurse is worth their weight in gold, a bad nurse...

Sprout got vaccinated today, and one is done orally. I know from giving her Prevacid that she has to be sucking on a finger if you give her anything orally or she won't swallow it. I told the nurse, and she still just squirted it into her mouth while I was trying to get her to suck, which she obviously wasn't doing. To make it worse, she did it TWICE! So she choked, aspirated a little, turned a little purple trying to cough it up, and freaked me out.

I have fortunately learned that I have every right to ask for someone else to help me, so we got another nurse, and the Dr. came back and made sure she got it all up. But not before I was totally freaked out and a little teary.

/rant

5 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

They gave a vac. orally? Which one? Weird. I don't think we got that one? Or I just can't remember- those whole first few months are already a blur

Glad you got the doc back in and a better nurse.

Happy Veggie said...

Rotovirus. Its newer than when Attilla had her vacinations. The previous vaccine for it had issues, so for awhile they didn't have one.

Syl said...

Meimei got this one too. But she's fine at it, she drank it down like candy.

DiploWhat said...

Could be worse, right? I have to get a rabies vacination! Ouch.

Happy Veggie said...

My brother did the rabies course because he got bit by a bat (don't ask) so I know that sucks!