I feel lighter.

Friday, 22 June 2007

The haircut was a success. I've had my hair this length before, but not quite like this. Its shorter and a little funkier.



While I was gone, the Sprout ate half of her bottle, then less than an hour later, when I was home, got hungry again and finished it off. She was far better with this one that she has been with any others. When I was giving her the second half, she really got in to it and finished it off. I read about the trick after I had already figured it out on the LLL site. We used a bottle that has the same nipple shape as the pacifier she likes. It happens to be the one that her Dr. recommended. I got the idea that if she got used to sucking on it without having all the milk getting in her way, it would make the bottle easier to take. I was right. I now feel better about her not being a hassle for daycare. At least until she gets gassy like she did last night and won't tolerate being in any position but curled up in a ball.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both you and Sprout look great! The haircut is very flattering - yay for low-maintenence hair. I'm tempted to go short again because of the sheer mass and time my hair takes up...

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Hey, what kind of pacifier/bottle are you using? Pumpkin never was willing to take a pacifier and Penguin hasn't been keen on the one I've tried a couple of times, so I'd be interested to hear what you've had success with.

Your haircut looks way cute! I'd ask where you went, but I don't think it'd do me much good out here in WI!

Happy Veggie said...

The Gerber Nuk orthodontic ones. They have a top and bottom, and the milk comes out the top, so it mixes with saliva, and thats suposed to help with digestion. She took the Avent pacifier, but not like she will take the gerber ones. Get the classic shape, because they "starlight" ones have a more curved shield and it digs into her cheeks.

Allknowingjen said...

Yay for short easy hair! :)