Monday, 4 June 2007
Hi-ho, hi-ho, its off to work I go.
The main disability part of my leave ends on Wednesday. And since I decided I didn't want to lose a day to a holiday, I'll be back at work on July 2nd. That means, four more weeks. And up until today, we didn't have daycare lined up. Not for lack of trying. After my first choice gave up the spot I wanted for two employees, I was left scrambling. I have very high standards, and there seems to be a certain lack of professionalism among home daycare providers. So we are going with a center in our neighborhood. Its housed in a church, and is small enough to have a family type feel, but big enough that staff sickness won't put me in a bind. Its signifigantly more expensive than home daycare, so eating out and lattes are going to be out. So are vacations for awhile. If I seem pretty blah about the whole thing, I am. I never thought this would be me, but between it just being fun to be a mom, and the concern if anyone will care for her as well as I will, I don't want to go back to work. It doesn't help that I'm going back to a new manager, a very changed job, and two huge projects that I already know have issues. I may start buying a lottery ticket a week. Just in case, you know.
Along with the cost of daycare, is the cost of dressing for work. I was already at my largest when I got pregnant, and despite losing the first 40 of the 70 or so pounds I gained rather quickly, the rest is taking the usual pound or two a week (like it should since I am breastfeeding and need to make sure that I feed that appropriately). Then there is an issue of skin. I seem to have skin that won't cooperate the same as Syl. So, that means new clothes. Clothes I don't want to have to buy or spend much on because I don't want to be this size for long.

1 comments:
Amen, sister. I actually went to Penney's and spent a couple hundred bucks (on credit, no less) in the Women's department right before I went back to work. Made me feel better that I could look better. I think they are clearancing out the summer stuff right now, so happy shopping. Go without the Sprout so you can try EVERYTHING on before you buy it. And don't buy one thing you don't feel GREAT in.
Post a Comment