Friday, 4 April 2008
Its spring, the Sprout is almost 1, and my world is changing ways I wasn't entirely prepared for.
I had really gotten used to the things the Sprout was doing. I could meet her needs, and while I wanted to make sure that she kept up with her developmental milestones, I wasn't in any hurry for her to stop being my little baby.
Man I was in for a rude awakening. In the matter of a month she started crawling, giving up baby food, and nursing less. She also grew four more teeth, is actually biting things (fortunately none of them human or canine yet), and has started to really look like walking is going to happen sooner rather than later.
I wasn't ready for this! Soon, she's going to talk. She points to things, she tries to say things. I had the baby thing down, what do I do now? She's going to talk back to me, she's going to say no. Bedtime is going to become an even worse struggle (and right now, its bad) She's going to grow hair, and its already starting to curl. I'm going to have to brush it, and she's going to hate me for that. My baby is going to start school, become a teenager, and go to college... wah!
But hey, at least its spring. The buds are on the trees, and last night, we went for a walk.
(special thanks to Syl for the backpack. This is at least the third or fourth time we've used it)

4 comments:
Oh, so with you on the "when did you suddenly start growing up?" thing.
Also, yay spring and cute picture!
here, the cherry trees are starting to loose their flowers. When the wind blows, it looks like snow blowing across the street.
Cute! I can't believe she'll be a year already!
What an awesome, happy picture. I'm loving Sprout shades.
Post a Comment