Raspberries, squash and forward progress.

Monday, 5 November 2007

Third time is a charm for food. The Sprout has started up the solids again. Oatmeal is better than rice, as far as she's concerned. Squash is better than bananas or apples. We're trying something green next. I made another batch of homemade squash and made enough that the ice cube trays were not enough. I froze the rest in a mini muffin tin. We'll see how that works out. I like making food for her, and even if I buy organic, its still cheaper than the store bought stuff. Only issue is availibility of some things.
She discovered her ability to do raspberries a couple of months ago, but she's really perfected it recently. We go Ma Ma or Da Da to her, she goes tthhbtt! Yesterday, I got a face full of squash when she did it while eating. I think she's doing it for laughs now.
Sunday we moved the coffee table so we could hang on the floor in the living room and have fun with tummy time and fending off the dog. So far she's turned in circles on her tummy, but yesterday she got up on all fours and started to push off with one knee. Not really crawling, but if its like football, forward progress counts right?
Time to get serious about childproofing.

1 comments:

Christina said...

Mira blows raspberries all the time, especially when she's eating. I end up with food all over me.

I've thought about making my own baby food, but I'm so lousy at cooking. And lazy. But she is getting organic food.