Eat your heart out Linda Blair

Friday, 9 November 2007

Sprout had her first ER visit today. After sleeping from 4:45 yesterday afternoon until this morning, and projectile vomiting in the middle of the night and immediately after I tried to feed her this morning, our Ped reccomended we go into the ER to make sure she wasn't too dehydrated. (this was all before office hours) She was barely able to stay awake, hadn't had a wet diaper since last night, and after pukin' would get dry heaves, so we knew it wasn't just a little spit up.

We thought it might have been her reflux, or some bug, and on my way out of the ER at CHC we found out where she got it from. Turns out another little girl from her room at daycare had been having issues with the other end Wednesday, and then threw up at daycare yesterday and was waiting to be seen herself. Hrm... Since she really only puked, I think maybe her being breastfed kept the illness more in check. At least thats what I'm going to tell everyone.

They checked her urine, and rechecked her temp, and made sure she could keep down pedialyte (though she seriously hated the stuff), and then sent us home. We were able to get some of the unflavored stuff in her at home, and she's eating fine now, though she slept all day.

Her timing is about as good as Pumpkin's, since I was going to do holiday photos this weekend. I'm hoping the dark circles go away enough that I still can.

2 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Oh poor baby! (and poor mom & dad too) Hope she's feeling better soon!

Syl said...

They all hate Pedialyte. Have you tried that crap?