7 Things.

Saturday, 17 November 2007

The Dude tagged me. I have no one left to tag, so this game ends here unfortunately.

1. If I won the lottery, I'd go back to school for a sociology degree and maybe get my masters in public health. There are tons of things I would like to do studies on. Like why breastfeeding rates are so low, the effects of breastfeeding on conditions like autism, and why women make the choices they do about breastfeeding (and not for judgemental reasons either, I'm seriously curious about the why, and no one talks about it). I'd also start a foundation and help with public and women's health issues and advocate for better support for working families.

2. We found out recently that a friend of ours is dealing with unknown fertility issues. Came as a real shock because they had up until when they started trying two years ago not wanted kids. They have a blog, and I've been keeping up. It also links to all kinds of other infertility blogs. I've developed an odd fascination with all of them, and I feel strangely guilty because it was so easy for us.

3. I kind of want to have the Sprout baptized, and not because I'm into the whole Christian thing, but because I'm superstitious. Is that odd?

4. The sprout doesn't roll over. She's done it, but she doesn't seem to feel the need to continue to do it. I'm sort of worried about that.

5. I think I'd like to have a part time job instead of the one I have. Or do my current job part time. I really love working and I don't think that I could do mom full time because it wouldn't be good for my depression, but I'd like to be around more than I already am.

6. Because of our issues with our parents, and what I see my friends go through, I really want to be a good mom. And not just make sure she turns out to be a good person, but I want her to like me when she's 30. I know that just because you're some one's parent its not a guarantee that they have to like you and talk to you when they're grown up. I want to make sure that I can be a good parent, and she'll still want to be my friend. The part of this you don't know. I'm seriously considering cutting ties to my dad.

7. I just woke up from a two hour nap with the Sprout and the Boof! It was delicious.

2 comments:

Syl said...

Don't worry about the rolling over thing - she probably just doesn't feel the need to.

The Sexy Blonde said...

I cut ties with my dad a couple of years ago. So far, no regrets. It was a very difficult decision to make. I wish you the best. Do what's right for you.