Monday, 15 October 2007
The weekend turned out to not be quite the loss that I thought it would be. I managed to get some cleaning done (the Sprout's room no longer looks like a tornado hit it), and even better, I made baby food. I steamed a squash I bought a few weekends ago (love how they keep so well) and pureed it in the blender. (only had to add minimal water, and I used the steaming water so I didn't lose some of the nutrients) I then hijacked an ice cube tray to freeze most of it, the rest is in the fridge, and we'll try feeding it tonight. All in all, not a bad deal. Next I'm going to try apples.
The other part of the weekend, the family in Red Wing, turned out great as well. Great Aunt Suzie is as always a blast. There is something about her that changes the whole family dynamic, in a really fun way. Great Grandma kept her comments about how we're raising Sprout to herself (and seemed to stay sober), and Nana shocked us all with some of her comments. (I had the tassels thing explained to me on the ride home, sorry I missed it. I would have peed my pants) Makes me wish that she lived closer, though I'm sure she's glad that she's farther away.
We did manage to go get apples and a pumpkin, though not at an orchard proper. I have pictures I'll post to flickr later. I may need to try to do the pumpkin thing again, since Sprout had just woken up and seemed a bit confused by being plopped down with the big orange things.
The other success of the weekend, I put the Recipeeps to good use and made baked Ziti (except couldn't find Ziti and used Penne), and it was a huge hit. I've got leftover for lunch. Yum!

0 comments:
Post a Comment