*sniff* Goodbye tree.

Sunday, 27 May 2007


The tree is now a shadow of its former self, on its way to being completely gone. I apologize to the tree gods. I promise I will replace it after fixing the drainage issues next year. (regrading lawn and newborn is just too much to ask)

The good news is that we have awesome friends. Jaysan showed up unexpectedly and Martin was gracious enough to come on short notice and bring all of the tools. As an added bonus, Pusher and Puck are taking the wood chips. Yay! Everyone wins. I was even able to save a good portion of the hostas from underneath. They have been transplanted to the bed that failed growing tomatoes last year. I give in to your shade oh great maple, please don't kill the hostas.

I also planted my plant sale stuff finally. All in containers, since up until today, I didn't have anywhere to plant things that isn't shady or maple rooted. I also went to the local nursery and got very pretty things to plant in my chimney/former gas light thingy. I may not mow my lawn as often as I should, but I got pretty flowers in my front yard.

2 comments:

Pusher said...

Awww. *sniffles* It sucks to lose a tree.

I do appreciate all the mulch though! And so do my plants.

Happy Veggie said...

I admit it, I drove by to see the remains of the tree while I was on daycare interviews in your neighborhood. It looks so peaceful.