Its more than the cheese...

Thursday, 3 May 2007

I didn't realize that giving up dairy would be so hard. The worst part is, the Sprout still has major gas issues. Hopefully thats just an issue of time. Dairy is in the cream of mushroom soup I was using to make easy chicken and rice. Its in things like the cool sauce the serve with the sweet potato fries at the restaurant by our house. Thank god it isn't in mayo, or burgers would really taste like crap.
If this works, I'll be happy that the Sprout may actually be able to get some rest. If it doesn't, I'm having a cheese binge like no other. I expect Pusher's help. It will be bad enough that I should set a budget for myself before I go to Surdyks. It will also involve a chocolate malt, a blizzard (yes I know they are almost the same thing) and meat marinated in yogurt (because of course its grilling season and I have a lamb craving).

On another note, other than some online purchases of slings and a breast pump, I've unintentionally become far less of a consumer. Excluding things like diapers and wipes, of course. I really was inspired by Syl. I've bought a pair of capri's because I need something other than sweats to wear out. (I'm really hoping that I can fit in prepreg clothes after 12 weeks) Other than that, I haven't really gotten much of anything. That will change when Sprout outgrows some of her first set of clothes (something thats very close to happening). However, I've managed to save quite a bit of money. I no longer make daily Starbucks runs, I only eat out rarely because I lack the coordination of schedule to shower more than every other day or so. So, less money spent. I will splurge on a good haircut since the long hair just isn't working. Buts thats really not that much. All crafty spending is done because having cleaned out the room of crafts I know what I have, but I don't have the time to do anything with it. Hopefully these are habbits I can keep when I go back to work. Which would be nice, because we'll be bleeding money to day care.

5 comments:

Syl said...

Honestly, you wonder what you spent your money on before and why you don't have thousands in savings.

Anyway, are you sure you don't want to try the acid reflux medication? I won't stunt their growth or anything, and you'll all sleep better.

Happy Veggie said...

I'm not entirely convinced its reflux. I'm giving the no dairy until next week to work, then calling our pediatrician. Would like to know what Kitten's symptoms were though.

Pusher said...

I've got your back for the cheese splurge. :-) I hope poor Sprout figures out this digesting thing and you can go back to a happy dairy diet soon!

Syl said...

Both have it. They didn't spit up excessively, really, but they would not be laid down on their backs and as the weeks went by, they slept less and less and would wake up after about 5-10 minutes of being laid down and would have a hard time going back to sleep. Eventually, they had to be held pretty much all the time. The day they went on the medicine, both slept peacefully.

The biggest key is the back arch. That's what the doctor will ask about. Is she arching her back and crying?

Happy Veggie said...

Yup, when she cries out, she arches her back. We got a lot of good sleep last night, even in her basinet, very weird, since I cheated and had a rootbeer float. I'll call the Dr. next week.