Doesn't it figure.

Wednesday, 23 May 2007

We had finally gotten things financially under control. Getting closer to debt free... And then, this. I believe we incurred the wrath of some god by talking about a vacation. This was the tree we knew had issues, but had hoped would outlive the maple, since the maple was the one that requires major work to bring down. I guess not. It now has a strap holding the remaining trunks together. Hopefully that will get us through the storm thats coming. Oh, and btw, its been a windier than usual month. Hrumph.
I'll add this as well. It pays to have your trees properly pruned as the grow by a professional. This should have never been allowed to have the four trunks. We're losing equity in losing trees and it sucks, plain and simple.

4 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Oh no! Hope it didn't fall on anything... like the garage?

Pusher said...

Your tree! Woe!

Oh, and that's the one with the pretty shade garden underneath it too. No fair. :-(

Maybe you can talk the tree removal people into doing a two-for-one and taking this one free when they come for the maple?

Happy Veggie said...

It fell on the garage. Forgot to mention that. No damage... fortunately. Alex put a strap around whats left to hopefully prevent the next part thats likely to go from taking out the power...

Pusher said...

*eyes the thunderstorm outside*

I hope you guys used really tough straps....