Damn her and her big feet

Saturday, 21 June 2008

I bit the bullet and drove up to the Striderite outlet today.  Driving under or just at the speed limit the entire time (and no being the only one doing such).  Ok, I get it, I should have gone there all along (though seriously, the MooShu's are good shoes, and I think the squeaking helped).  I had gone to Shoe Zoo today, just to try again for sandals (hoping they had the mooshus), and nearly fainted at the thought of her wearing 85 (not kidding, nope, not at all) dollar sandals for the like two weeks her feet will be this size.  Especially considering that most of the snazzy expensive specialty footwear brands only come in whole sizes, and she's a "comfortable" six but a 7 is huge.  


Now, granted, the selection wasn't as cute, no cute orange ones like these.  (going to look at their shoes again since they do a great wide toe box, but waiting for fall shoe purchase) And they certainly weren't as flexible as these, or these. (90 bucks for kids shoes?!?!)  But... They'll more than do.  I managed to walk out with these to wear now in a six and a half, and these, and these both in seven, since I'm sure we'll be there before you know it. 

My only complaint, she really should be in stage 2's, but they stop at some silly small size.  As someone with enormous feet, I feel for her.  No one ever thinks of you, and if they do, its usually ugly.  



4 comments:

DiploWhat said...

The profit margin on those things has to be HUGE. Wonder what they'll cost in China?

Happy Veggie said...

Most of the ones I was looking at are made in Europe... however, these are not. the blurb on the site doesn't talk about it, but apparently they saw them in China while doing their adoption and liked them so they found a way to import. http://bugabooshoes.com/zoe.html

Christina said...

Have you looked at Preschoolians shoes? When Cordy was that age, we couldn't find shoes that fit her wide, tall feet. They were the only ones that fit well, and we bought several pairs before her feet flattened out enough to put her in Stride Rites.

I still like Preschoolians, though, and now that they've added the line for older kids, may get another pair for Cordy soon. And Mira is wearing Cordy's old shoes, because they held up well. (I put an affiliate link to them on my reviews blog.)

Syl said...

Don't forget KidSurplus.com, which sells StrideRite and some other brands at somewhat clearanced prices. And the shipping might be better than the gas, these days.