Sunday, 15 April 2007
Wednesday Dr. Office - Well, your blood pressure is still high, I want you to go into Abbott and have them do the blood work so we get it back tonight still. You're 37 weeks, so if anything is wrong, I want to know right away... You're dialated to 1.5 centemeters.
Us - Should we go home to get bags, should we get food?
Her - No, you'll be out in an hour, its just to get tests results back faster.
Wednesday at Abbott - Have you ever had protien in your urine?
Me - No. Not even at my Dr. Office an hour ago.
Them - Well, you do now.
Them - I talked to the OB who is covering your Dr. practice tonight, you're staying and having a baby.
Us - Oh crap.
Wednesday in nice labor & delivery room, hubby at home picking up partially packed bags, doing some laundry, thinking it would be tomorrow before something happened.
Dr. On Call - Huh, 1.5 at the office, you're dialated to 4 almost 5. Are you sure you're not in labor. Any contractions?
Me - A couple of little ones like the ones I've been having for a week or so.
Her - Well, I guess we're having a baby tonight.
Me - Should I get my husband back here faster?
Her - Yup, won't be long now.
Me - Double crap.
Later on with me - Contractions aren't that bad. I may not need the epirdural.
Exam to figure out I'm already up to 6.
Me - Gimme the freaking drugs.
Start pushing at like 2 AM, barely been in labor, been told not to tell anyone its been this easy. (potosin induced stronger contractions) Pushing kinda sucks, not sure I can do it. Have to have an episotomy, find out the hard way epidural isn't really working all that well.
Baby born at 4:21 AM - Cord around her neck, and with her shoulders getting stuck. Nothing I knew about right away, other than it took a bit for me to hold her. Epidural still not working all that well.
She's perfect. We gave her our second choice name because she was too cute for the first.
Another post to follow, still more Sprout stuff. See pictures here.

4 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS! :-) :-) :-) Much happiness. Sorry to hear about the epidural (boo!) but I'm glad the rest was relatively easy.
Welcome to the next part of your life. :-)
Congrats!! I'm so happy for both of you! Woo hoo!
Congrats! Yay! Got the email from AllKnowingJen - she looks CUTE!
Here's hoping mine decides to stay put for a while yet 'cuz, boy, are we not ready!
Post a Comment