Getting Closer...

Sunday, 8 April 2007

Last Dr. apt. went incredibly well. My blood pressure was back into pretty much normal range. That was good enough to keep me from getting another painful blood draw. She said it doesn't get me out of one this coming week, but a week off was nice. My veins thank her. While I'm not dialated yet, Doc says I'm about as close as I can be without actually being dialated. She asked if I was having contractions, and I didn't know how to answer. I'm having some odd pain like feelings and a lot of pressure, and after they've gotten more intense lately, I guess I'd call them contractions. Especially since they include some really special feeling lower back pain. (I know, back labor... ugh) Sprout has also dropped a ton, so much so I worry I'm doing brain damage every time I walk up stairs. The swelling is still crazy, doesn't seem to go down ever. So, we're continuing to get closer. The room is fully furnished, the laundry is done, my bag is packed as much as it can be considering stupid flipping Targe is closed on Easter Sunday. (So are apparently a lot of places that aren't kind enough to put up a sign saying such) I still have a car seat to install. However, I had to wait through one last Ikea trip before I could do that. Its going to happen tomorrow. Oh, and there is this silly curtains thing. I need to put up blinds and curtains, but again with the silly Targe being closed... Now that that I'm prepared, can this happen already? I want to see if she has hair.

3 comments:

Syl said...

Good luck, this part is the worst - you're ready and she's not. I hope she comes soon. I knew with Kitten it was coming and we just had to make it through the wedding Pants was the best man in that Saturday. With Meimei, I was out of work for almost a month prior, draped over a yoga ball and sobbing uncontrollably at all hours.

Pusher said...

Hooray for being ready! Sleep while you can. I hope she holds off long enough for you to come to Landscapalooza. ;-)

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Yeah, I'm hoping Baby-on-the-way waits since we're so in flux. So a repeat of Pumpkin's two weeks early would be bad.

You, however, sound MUCH more prepared!

Oh...naptime over - gotta go.