Tuesday, 3 April 2007
I think I'm nesting. Either that or I am pretending to nest in the hopes that it makes the Sprout show up soon. Part of it is that since I am flirting with health issues, and every time I get close to an appointment I worry that I will be off to the hospital and we won't have anything done. I feel very confident that I have enough clothing to keep Sprout good for the beginning, and even a little past that. The cold weather has made me a little nervous about if its all warm enough, but thats what they made blankets for. I picked up silly little things like wipes, a Boppy, and socks. Don't know why, but socks. I also got a few personal care items for me. I'm one load of laundry away from having both my bag and the Sprout's bag packed. We need to install the car seat. Worst case, I've got things together enough that if I go in, I could direct a friend on what to do to get everything together. Here's to a good appointment, and at least a few more days to get everything else done.

7 comments:
What's a Boppy? Also, I'm guessing socks because baby socks are freakin' adorable. Unless you meant that you got socks for yourself, in which case maybe it's because you're looking forward to the day when you can again put them on comfortably?
A Boppy is actually a nursing and general use pillow. Its U shaped and very cool. Baby socks are adorable, and even though they don't really stay on all the time, I had to get some of those too. The boppy I got oddly enough matches the room. http://www.boppy.com/
I actually hauled my pregnant ass out to the car the afternoon prior to my water breaking (at 2:00 the next morning) and got the car seat installed. I knew it was coming.
But if it comes and it's not installed, give me a call. Men are hopeless at this stuff. Tell them to get a couple of things for you and you end up with a giant comb and a razor. Um, my hair was 3 inches long and I didn't care that the hair on my legs was longer. Can I get a toothbrush, please?
Useless.
ajd is nesting a little too, but he seems to be far more concerned with having a dresser for the clothes I washed, than having wipes and bags packed. He is actually doing pretty well though, given the y chromosone. However, thanks for the warning about packing my own bag. I know I'm going to be picky.
Mr. Kluges kept stealing my slippers at the hospital (granted, I was in bed anyway when he stole them, but still) 'cuz the floor was dang cold, so you might want to make ajd pack his own little bag o' stuff... 'Cuz sometimes they forget that they're going to be there for the long haul, too... and also need toothbrushes!
And cash- he should bring some ones and quarters for the vending machines. Just in case he wants something other than ice chips. (though I think your hospital has a Mc D's in it doesn't it?)
Yay for the 24 McD's. He's already excited about that because he's afraid of hospital food giving him tummy trouble. I'm excited about strawberry milkshakes. Too bad it isn't Shamrock season.
Post a Comment