I don't know how to breathe...

Sunday, 18 February 2007

Ok, so I do, but according to this class we took, I don't. Maybe its because I've always been the kid in the back of the class, or wanted to be the kid in the back of the class, that we just giggled most of our way through baby class. It didn't help that ajd was all cranky about having to get up at the same time we do to go to work to go to a class on a Saturday. I think I'm the only one of the group to deliver at Abbott, so I'm hoping not everyone else's fun videos were produced in Boulder. I like Boulder, nice place, very pretty, my mom lives there... but way to much "sharing" for my taste. I'm a Dragnet type of girl, just the facts ma'am.

I can do this, even though we left class without going through all the different ways to hee and hoo. I know, I'm sure I'm being to confident about it, but I can do this. Maybe read a little more, but if I got anything out of the whole thing, its that I can really do this. I'm not as confident as I was before I found out that when you have a really bad contraction you can't laugh, but I'm still feeling good. So far I've gotten through the gas, the dog kicking, weight gain, and nausea, by realizing its all pretty funny. Example: Farts are funny, especially when they smell bad, so why can't having a good reason to fart be really funny.

Oh, one more thing about the class, since I feel the need to bitch, but who the hell has a class for women who are really pregnant and doesn't give them a place to put their feet up. Seriously, I don't know what super women there were there, but I was not having fun.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for having fun with being pregnant!! Since you gotta do it if you want your own flesh an' blood kid, you might as well have fun with it if you can :-)

Pusher said...

Hey, breathing can be unexpectedly tricky sometimes!

Happy Veggie said...

I hoping years of yoga, deep cleansing breaths, and general relaxation will get me through. Though I am a bit concerned that ajd was stressing his own relaxation. He says its because he's no good to me unless he stays calm too, but he's not the one who has to push the damn thing out.

Syl said...

Yeah, when it comes down to it, you won't really care if he's breathing or not. My best advice is to go into it with an open mind so that if you need something, you can ask for it and not feel bad. Just wait and see. I did it both ways (the epidural didn't work, you can read all about it in my blog if you go back to late August/early September, although maybe you should wait). Anyway, keep an open mind, that's my advice. There is no valedictorian of natural childbirth, so if you have to take the drugs, take them.

Allknowingjen said...

Pretty sure everyone laughs through that part of the hospital class.. :) I felt like I was going to hyperventilate so we goofed off most of the time instead. Did not use any of it in actual labor. Used much more of the relaxation techniques I've learned in acting classes. No, that is a lie. I did use the "sh sh sh sh" one but it was much more relaxing to say "shit shit shit..."
Of course you can do it. Women give birth every day. No problem. Sounds like you are ready for "the email" though- I'll dig it up for you. ;)

Anonymous said...

You think she's ready for "the e-mail"? Shudder
No one is ever ready for "the e-mail." But she may be glad of some of the info later.

Syl said...

It was valuable info. Read it an cherish it.

Happy Veggie said...

Received, read, cherished. Very much appreciated. I have to say, I'm pretty happy not to be the first person to go through this. Y'all have been awesome.