The cold makes people cranky.

Monday, 5 February 2007

I always thought of us hardy Minnesota types as pretty accepting of our weather. After all, this is the state where use of "It could be worse..." is so common no one really notices it. Something I can tell you is noticed if you happen to travel/live somewhere else. "You know, it could be worse, we haven't broken any records yet."

However, after waiting patiently for three parking spots, only to have them stolen or nearly stolen from me, I've changed my mind. The cold makes people cranky. I see the cold as a good reason to pull out the sweaters, the blankets, to snuggle. Be cranky and selfish when its hot outside and the thought of touching anything, let alone another sweaty person, makes you queezy. Two visits to the grocery store, three spots. Add this to pregnancy hormones, and I'm beginning to understand why some stores had parking spots for expectant mothers. Its not because we can't walk a few extra feet, its because we're at risk of being homicical if take away something we've had our turn signal and our eyes on for five minutes. I'm beginning to side with my brother. People suck.

I did however have a good, if unproductive weekend. Little to no room progress, gaming at my house, and ajd got up at 4 this morning to fly to Atlanta, for the day. I bought a nifty new screwdriver for work, but I still haven't found a pink one. Why pink, because I work with guys who like to steal tools. Chances are that they would be less likely to steal something if its pink. So, if you have a hot lead on a pink screwdrive/tool set, let me know.

2 comments:

Allknowingjen said...

Go to Amazon and search for "pink tools"- lots of hits.

Pusher said...

And see, the cold has made me ridiculously cheerful this year. Of course, that is only because I don't have pipe issues like Temp, and being not pregnant I can go ahead and park far away, and it's not like I'm active in the outdoors or anything, so the cold comes at very little inconvenience to me. I just think it's neat. Yay winter!