Friday.

Friday, 12 January 2007

This weekend is a holiday for me. So i'm looking forward to having three days to goof off, and maybe get some work done on the baby room. Its not going as fast as I would like, but I would like to think that I'm doing it right so that I actually can sort through things and make decisions. I just want to do it with enough time so that I'm not stuck just throwing stuff in boxes only to forget about them for years. I see more Target trips in my future this weekend, since I think I should get more totes. I also realized I need to go through the basement and get rid of more stuff down there to make room for the crafty stuff.

Aside from that, I feel huge. It doesn't help I saw my weight at my last appt. I know I'm going for normal, but when you're already overweight, it doesn't help. The numbers are scary, and I think I'll try to not look at future appts. I have one in four weeks, and then they start up every two weeks. Its getting a lot more real. And scary. Epsecially because I get the distinct impression that there are some in my life that think I'm not going to be a good mom. I'm going against a lot of how I was raised, and I know that isn't sitting well with everyone. I know I'm going more mainstream, and I'm pretty comfortable with it, I just wish everyone could be ok with my decisions.

Considering this is something I knew I wanted in my life, I'm amazed at how much there is that I didn't know. And how wierd it all is. Sorry, but no guy is going to ever know what it feels like to be kicked from the INSIDE. It is by far the most bizzare thing yet. And she can kick. Or something. She's going to town in there regularly. Though there are still days when I worry that she's ok, and I try to eat stuff that I think will wake her up. So far, spicy has no effect. Caffine does a bit, and so does sugar.

Hrm, other things. Annoying things about being pregnant:

People who ask you how you feel, and then seem to undercut what you say by telling you how unoriginal you are. Nevermind that its the first time you've ever had someone do flamenco on your bladder.

People touching my tummy. I was fat before I got pregnant, and that nice protective fat layer is still there, so you're not touching baby, you're feeling my fat. Would you like it if I felt your fat?
(Side note, some people can touch, but they ask first)

Working in a field where there are very few pregnant women, ever. I think people would understand an admin assistant who had limits because of being pregnant, but when you introduce yourself as the support person for a floor, and then let them know you won't be able to do some lifting because you're pregnant, and they look at you like you just grew another head... its weird. "Hi, I'm a computer geek, I get paid to be one, but I'm also going to be a mom in three and a half months. It does happen, you know. Geeks have sex too. "

2 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Tee hee - "Geeks have sex, too."

Just saw you were now blogging, too, through Pusher's blog. Welcome aboard!

(and good luck with all the pregnancy stuff - it is WEIRD that first time around!)

Syl said...

People will always pressure you with their opinions, and you will change your mind ten times over again about how you raise your children. But you have a RIGHT to. No one else gets a say. It's not easy, but stand your ground.