Yeah, we're still here...

Monday, 14 January 2008

So, its been a busy week. The sprout got really sick last week, work has been nuts for both of us, and the Sprout is still sick.

We went to the Dr. this morning after 6 days with a fever (went in Saturday, no ear infection yet, but lots of lung listening, and a "if she still has a fever on Monday, come back), and after more listening to her lungs and looking in one ear (clear) and the other ear (wow, lots of puss in there), she got antibiotics and a nebulizer. Yes, a nebulizer. Like standard home fare for people who smoked for 50 years or with serious asthma (not even ajd has one). She was fine with it.. for like five minutes. Now it is the devil.

So.. 50 bucks in copays later, and hopefully fever free enough to go to daycare tomorrow, the Sprout is still sick. I'm sick too.

Work is still crazy. I have all kinds of things I want to blog about, and an email of stuff to send to The Sexy Blonde, but for now, I just want some decent sleep. That may take a few years.

3 comments:

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Pumpkin had a nebulizer for a while when we were still here in the States when she was slightly younger than Sprout is now. She fought it, too, but I've got one picture where she fell asleep while Mr. Kluges was giving it to her.

I'd say she grew out of it, but it was also that we just kind of stopped using it when we went to Ireland. I did have a manual nebulizer thingie with meds that I brought with us on the plane over when we moved, but thankfully she never needed it. *shrug* No breathing problems of any kind now.

The Sexy Blonde said...

I'm glad to know you're still kicking around out there, and sorry to hear the Sprout is not feeling well and work isn't cooperating. I hope you're all feeling better and rested soon!

DiploWhat said...

I had a nebulizer when I was in highschool. They didn't know what was wrong with me but that I kept coughing. Of course, they also didn't bother to run any tests. So, wen't to a better doc and found out that I was just so stressed that the stomach acid was coming up and burning my lungs. Nubulizer didn't help at all. So, in other words, don't worry about having a nebulizer. It's really not that big of a deal. It will be okay.