Baby steps

Sunday, 18 March 2007

Yay. We have a decorating plan. I finally got ajd involved, and we have something. I made a sushi quilt last year, before I got pregnant, and we're going with sushi. Traditional, no. But when have I ever been traditional. Its greens, yellows, orange, and some brown. Its very fun. Here is one of the fabrics. I also had more fun shopping than I should have. I went to the outlet mall, and practiced restraint. I ended up with some amazingly cute stuff. There is an entire store that seemed to have an endless selection of things with frogs on them. Little Me Umm... yay! And I also found the ellusive going home outfit. Its going to make some amazingly fun pictures. There will be no doubt that its my kid.

Here is the current list of things that are done:

Baby room theme decided on, and crib neccesities purchased (sheets, crib skirt) Fabric purchased for valances and accessories.

Enough basic baby clothes on hand to get through no matter what the showers bring

Baby detergent purchased and waiting to wash said clothes

Plane ticket for room help purchased. She'll be here in just over a week.

Whats left:

Make a list of things for Mom to work on

Clean out room and prep for painting

Purchase the rest of the furniture

Wash baby clothes

Paint and setup room

Pack our bags

Oh yeah... pick a name.

7 comments:

Syl said...

Advice:
Tide Free or All Free and Clear work just fine - no real need for expensive Dreft. Except the Dreft stain spray, which is priceless.

Just bring a list of names to the hospital, if you aren't set on one name yet, you probably won't be until you see her. And even then, maybe another day or so...

And OMG is the sushi material CUTE. Love it! What did buy to go with it? You'll have to post pictures.

Syl said...

Oh, and we got an awesome dresser for Meimei from IKEA, although we used one of their ginormous cube-shelf thingies for Kitten (until we sold the townhouse).

Happy Veggie said...

Ajd reacts to the Tide free & clear, oddly enough, but not Purex. I'm sure everything will end up getting washed in purex eventually.
The fabric is the only one I could find online for example. There is another larger print sushi on a green background, a subtle yellow pattern, and brown (with white freckles). We matched it up with a yellow storebought bumper (that gets put away for a year) and skirt. I bought extra fabric for valances and to maybe trim the skirt. I also think I have an extra square of the sushi quilt put togehter for a pillow. I'll take a picture of the quilt tonight.

Ms. Huis Herself said...

Sounds fun and cute. Looking forward to pictures!

And we did the bring-a-list-of-names, too... partly because Pumpkin was two weeks early, and partly 'cuz we're just indecisive. I have to say that once we saw her, it did help narrow down some of the names.

Allknowingjen said...

Looks cute! More pics!
Tell us your names, I'd be happy help you narrow them down ;) haha- just kidding.
Ditto on the "wait until you see what she looks like" sentiment. We also went to the hospital with a short list (though we didn't know the sex).

Syl said...

We did switch to washing all our clothes in All Free and Clear, and we basically don't use fabric softener so the kids's clothes don't get contaminated. Plus, Pants is too lazy and our the washer in our new house doesn't have a dispenser.

Happy Veggie said...

I totally forgot about the evils of fabric softener. I'll have to warn ajd before he does the laundry for Sprout. He's addicted to that stuff. Its understandable given his... hairiness, but I find it disturbing.